Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5th Inning

The Clomid and "Trigger" shot in December proved to be unsuccessful on this past Sunday...

I was almost at my whits end with the month after month heartbreak so I told Jimmy that we either needed to move to the next step or we needed to just stop the TTC process all together...he said we will make this happen...

I called the Dr's office to leave a message with the nurse asking for an appointment to come in and talk about the financial side of the IUI...she called back with amazing news...my insurance covers the IUI procedure...I'm sure if someone walked by my store window yesterday morning and saw my face they would have thought I had seen a ghost.  Never in a million years did I expect to hear her to say that...I just said "oh really? ok..." and I'm sure I said something else stupid but I was just really trying to process what she was saying.  This may not shock you at all but if you know much about insurance and fertility treatments then you know most insurance companies wont cover what they label as fertility treatments.  Ive been amazed by how much we haven't had to pay for since the beginning of this anyway so I was fully expecting to pay for this out of pocket.

On to the exciting stuff...I start Clomid this Thursday...go for ultrasound on next Thursday...take shot per Dr's orders and then have the IUI done on Friday or Saturday morning!

I'm really excited and really nervous! Please keep us in your prayers that this will be the turning point in our Baby Ballgame.

...Till next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment